Sunday 20 January 2013

Les Misérables

I'll try to make this a quick blog because call the midwife Will be starting soon! So today me and seven of my of my friends went to see Les Mis at our little town's cinema. Our town's cinema is great for films like this (really long ones!) because it has a interval meaning you don't have to watch all three hours non- stop though does have very old hard seats which hurt your bum.

I had no idea about the plot before going to see it apart from the obvious thing, it's set in France at the time of the revolution and is very sad, it wasn't as sad as I expected however. I even managed to forget it was a musical until they started singing one minute in and didn't stop for the whole three hours. Saying that it doesn't sound great but I was surprised at how my attention managed and I thought it was amazing.

My favourite song was probably Master of the House sung by Thénardier and Madame Thénardier closely followed by ann Hathaways tear jerking performance of I dreamed a dream. My favourite characters were also Thénardier and Madame Thénardier, played my one of my favourite actresses (helena Bonham Carter, AKA bellatrix Lestrange) and were some of the most cheery people in the whole film, two avid pick pocketers. I would like to tell you the plot but I'd be here all night and was a tad too complicated to explain fully. Would I buy it? Probably not as I would never watch it all in one sitting and perhaps was a bit too sad for me.
I hope you all had a good Sunday and enjoy call the Midwife if you watch it (I strongly reccomend you do as it's 'such fun') 

No comments:

Post a Comment