Friday 21 June 2013

Sweet Potato and Paprika Chips



Gaaaah!, I will never enjoy Shakespeare ever again. I know he is supposedly the greatest playwright of all time, wrote loads'a plays, hundreds of sonnets and speeches, etc, but after 4 hours of writing on Hamlet I am no longer feeling the love.



If this is year 10, I don't wanna even think about year 11! Four hours on 'the ways in which parental relationships are presented in Hamlet and a selection of poems' is possibly the most draining and depressing thing I have done all this year (ONLY 4 WEEKS LEFT HOWEVER. 1.) Hamlet is a sad and depressing tragedy in which everyone except basically two characters die, 2.) It means over thinking EVERY little detail (note how I wrote 'EVERY' in capitals to emphasise it's importance, grab your attention and convey my message in an effective way) and 3.) it requires effort. 
But after today there shall be no more Hamlet, HU-ZAR! (just three science ISAs to go...) 
To celebrate this most awesome and truly joyous occasion we had chips for tea! 



I'm really sorry if you are American and being confuzzled by the fact I am saying 'chips' when you are seeing fries, I just don't see how these could be fries. Fries are the match stick size greasy yellow cardboard things from McDonalds, most certainly NOT these crispy, flavoursome, healthy and oh-so-good chips. Would you call these fries or not? Or are they chunky fries? Please let me know and enjoy!


Sweet Potato and Paprika Chips(serves 4)


  • 1.5 kg of sweet potatoes 
  • 3 tablespoons of oil (I like to use rapeseed)
  • 1 big or 2 small garlic gloves
  • 2 teaspoons of paprika
  • salt and pepper

  1. preheat the oven to 180oC/ 400oF/ gas mark 6
  2. peel the potatoes and chop into chunky chips (or chunky fries!)
  3. crush or very finely chop the garlic, add to the oil and paprika in a bowl, add a very good grind of both salt and pepper
  4. place the chips onto a baking sheet and cover in the mix, spread out evenly
  5. place in the oven for 30 minutes, take out and toss and turn them over to make sure they all cook evenly before leaving for another 20 minutes
  6. ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment